Register your training and skills-development courses with SAIP
Why having your training courses, product seminars and technical workshops accredited by the South African Institute of Printing (SAIP) offers you a competitive advantage.
More than ever before, training and skills development in the print, packaging and signage industries is critical. There are a wealth of professional suppliers offering training and skills development. However, yet few are accredited by the SAIP. Once accredited, you will find that SAIP members will be attracted to attend in order to keep their CPD points up to date.
Continuing professional development is a learning process whereby members of the South African Institute of Printing, or those aspiring to become Members, earn or maintain professional credentials by undergoing a variety of accredited CPD point-generating learning activities. These activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Registering as a learner on an accredited occupational or trade qualification, including skills programmes.
- Enrolment to complete Technical Theoretical Studies.
- Attending industry exhibitions.
- Attending industry conferences.
- Attending technical forums or presentations.
- Registered as learner in any recognised supervisory leadership programme (Including sales, marketing, estimating or production planning).
- Enrolled to complete an accredited NQF Level 5 Business Management Programme.
- Enrolled to complete accredited Trade Training programmes (Including facilitator, assessor, moderator and the 'Instructing the Modular Way' programme).
- Lecturing, facilitating, assessing, moderating of practical or theoretical training.
- Attending a recognised printing, packaging or signage industry competition.
- Mentoring or coaching an intern or subordinate in supervisory or management roles.
- Attending a recognised industry gala dinner or function.
- Enrolled to complete an accredited NQF Level 7 Management Development Programme.
- Presentation of a topic/paper at a recognised industry conference or exhibition.
- Presentation of a technical topic/paper at a recognised industry conference or exhibition.
- Publishing papers or research.
- Publishing technical papers or research.
Training providers, industry suppliers, printing, packaging or signage companies and professional individuals wishing to provide such CPD activities are invited to apply to the South African Institute of Printing for accreditation and confirmation of the CPD points that may be awarded to SAIP members for undertaking their activities.